Swerve = It is made from chicory root (oligosaccharides), calcium, vitamin C, and orange peel.
SWEETNESS/CONVERSION = Same as table sugar. Use cup for cup.
CALORIES = 0
WHY I USE IT = Swerve has none of the strong aftertastes of stevia or artificial sweeteners.
BENEFITS = Keeps ice cream soft, makes perfect caramel sauce, makes cookies soft on the inside and chewy on the outside, and it tastes great.
1. CHOLESTEROL: It decrease the levels of serum LDL cholesterol in the blood.
2. INFLAMMATION: It contains vitamin C, one of the most powerful antioxidants.
3. DIABETES: The inulin content is not digestible, so its lack of glucose can help promote optimal blood sugar levels while also increasing stool bulk and consistency.
4. CONSTIPATION: It provides soluble fiber, which improves digestion.
5. GALL BLADDER ISSUES: It builds your body's resistance to gallstones and liver stones. By increasing the flow of bile, it assists the body in digesting foods and liquids. The extra bile also helps break down fats in the body.Chicory root has a mild laxative effect, increases bile from the gallbladder, and decreases swelling.
6. URINARY INFECTIONS, KIDNEY STONES and GOUT: It has diuretic properties that provide protection for the urinary tract system and kidneys. Toxins are removed and the cleansing of the body is stimulated because of an increase in urine flow. It has been used to expel gravel, calcium deposits, and excess uric acid from the body, which helps to prevent gout and kidney stones.
7. WEIGHT LOSS: Chicory root benefits weight loss because of the effect it has on the digestive system. It is an excellent source of fructooligosaccharides which help promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract. It also increases the rate of the break down of fats. It also helps with weight loss because it helps keep insulin levels low while enjoying sweet foods.
8. NATURAL "Liver" CLEANSER: Chicory root also supports the body's detoxification system through the liver and kidneys, and is believed to help with calcium absorption. Chicory also helps prevent jaundice and an enlarged liver when mixed with water. Because of Chicory Root’s potential for removing contaminants from the digestive system, the liver does not have to work as hard to filter out toxins that may have escaped into the bloodstream. It also acts as a gentle laxative and diuretic for removing excess water and toxins, and this can also reduce strain on the liver.
9. ANXIETY: It is a natural sedative and anti-inflammatory for the nervous system. If you have anxiety issues and still drink coffee, this sweetener can help.
10: INDIGESTION: It acts as an herbal antacid, the root neutralizes acid and correct acid indigestion, heartburn, gastritis, vomiting, upset stomach. Because it stimulates bile production, this helps to speed up the digestive process after eating too much rich food.
11. SKIN: Used externally, the Chicory Root has healing properties for cuts, sunburn, swellings, hemorrhoids, and poison ivy. It reduces the inflammation of rheumatism and the pain of stiff and sore joints.
UNDESIRED PROPERTIES = It is expensive, but other than that it is perfect!
Glycemic Index of Sweeteners
Stevia Glycerite = 0
Erythritol = 0
Swerve = 0
Truvia/ZSWEET = 0
JUST LIKE SUGAR = 0
Xylitol = 7
Maple Syrup = 54
Honey = 62
Table Sugar = 68
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup Swerve (or erythritol )
1 tsp stevia glycerite (omit if using xylitol)
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups peanut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 cup ChocoPerfection Bar, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sweetener. Beat eggs in well. Mix in peanut butter, sour cream, and vanilla. Combine peanut flour, baking powder, soda and salt together and add to creamed mixture. Stir in most of the chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top. Spoon mixture into greased mini muffin tin. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Makes 12 large muffins or 42 mini muffins.
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per 1 large cupcake)
Traditional Chocolate Chip PB Cupcakes = 396 calories, 49.5 carbs, 2.5g fiber
"Healthified" Chocolate Chip PB Cakes (making 12 servings) = 302 calories, 12 carbs, 6.9g fiber
"Healthified" Mini Muffins (making 42 muffins) = 86 calories, 3.6 carbs, 2g fiber
*Nutritional Info using ChocoPerfection Bar